What you’ll be doing
Permanent and full time role.
The MongoDB Lead will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, scalability, and security of our production by defining best practice and leading efforts to improve services which fall outside of these standards.
They will work closely with teams including delivery, engineering, and product teams to identify and prioritise areas for improvement; then develop and implement strategies to achieve goals.
- Observing MongoDB instances, identifying opportunities for improvement and prioritising enhancements according to associated risk, impact and cost.
- Designing alternative approaches for data storage and processing either utilising MongoDB more efficiently or utilising ETL to better suited data storage solutions.
- Designing scalable data structures for application data and leading the migration process.
- Acting as an expert member in a team of engineers, providing guidance, mentorship, and career development opportunities to ensure they are delivering high-quality work and meeting performance targets.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that our systems are secure, meet the needs of our customers and are scalable to support the growth of our business
- Provide regular insight to the wider business on the status and performance of customer-facing services
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in SRE and infrastructure management, moving to DevFinSecOPs (including cost per customer)
What we’re looking for
- You’ve worked for B2B scaleups or enterprise and like moving fast
- Expert in designing document structures, managing MongoDB indices and optimising queries for performance
- Experience managing MongoDB clusters with sharding for stability, performance and cost efficiency
- Experience supporting ETL tools from MongoDB for data analytics
- Strong understanding of performance for Node.JS applications
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A pragmatic approach to resolving issues and responding to change
- MongoDB or AWS certified
- Experience working with remote teams
- Working on enterprise grade SaaS platformsUnderstanding of the maintenance and deployment of micro service applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with OKRs or similar frameworks for setting goals
- Experience leading and managing teams of engineers
- Skilled in proactive cost management
- Implementing AWS Tag management
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or if you have any questions.