Last updated: October 18, 2019
Thrive Learning Limited (Thrive) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets how we will store and process your Personal Data as a result of you signing-up to be a tester for Thrive Learning.
At Thrive Learning we are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy applies where: we process information pertaining to usability test sessions you have agreed to participate in.
Thrive Learning will be conducting regular usability testing studies as part of our design process to understand how people find using the products and features we are developing, The legal basis for this processing is your consent. See below for more information on the cookies that we use.
We will use the information you provide to periodically contact you about the organisation of usability testing sessions which you can choose to participate in. The data we gather as part of these tests will be used to produce better and more user friendly products.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you sign-up to be a tester for Thrive Learning we will collect your email address, name, occupation, industry, year you were born and some information about your internet use. This information will be used to ensure we have a good mix of testers for each usability test.
If you participate in a usability test we will take notes so your comments and actions can be used to inform later designs. Any notes or documents made as an outcome of the test will have identifiable data (such as your name) removed.
We may also ask permission to record your screen and the conversation during the test.
Although the data we collect from you is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), data transferred to third parties to provide services to you or to perform our contract you may be transferred to third parties outside the EEA.
We take all reasonable technical, organisation and security steps to ensure that the information you supply to us over the internet is secure.
Your data will be retained for 12 months from consent being given, at which time we will contact you again to check if you wish to continue being a tester. If you do not respond, or request to be removed, we will immediately remove your information from our records.
If you give permission for us to record your screen during testing, this recording will be retained for no longer than 2 months from the date of the test.
As you are providing us with your personal data, it is important to us that you are aware of the following rights that you have in relation to our processing of personal data.
- You can withdraw your consent.
- You can be provided with a copy of any personal data concerning you that we process, unless that would affect the rights and freedoms of others. You can also be provided with information on how that personal data is processed by us.
- You can ask us to provide your personal data, either to yourself or to another data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You can have us rectify any personal data of yours that we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, you can also ask us to erase or restrict the use of any of your personal data that we process.
- You can object at any time to our processing of your personal data on grounds related to your particular situation.
- You can object at any time to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of the rights listed above by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this notice. If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we processed your personal data or your request to exercise a right, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Thrive Learning Limited is incorporated and registered in England with company number 10988277 and whose registered office is at 6b Oldknows Factory, St. Anns Hill Road, Nottingham, England, NG3 4GN.
We are contactable by email at email@example.com.