Automated Test Engineer
About this role
We’re looking for Automated Test Engineers to join the technical team here at THRIVE Learning.
The role will see you play a key role in one of our development squads, supporting the development lifecycle of new features for our learning experience platform by collaboratively supporting the refinement of specifications, supporting developers to ensure software is delivered with testability in mind, and supporting your squad to implement functionality which can demonstrate it’s quality through automated testing.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering quality software with a strong understanding of modern development practices that contribute to software quality including TDD, version control, continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated testing.
- Participate in backlog grooming and refinement to influence quality and testability
- Develop and execute testing strategies for functionality
- Advocate the use of BDD best practices where appropriate
- Supporting developers to implement highly testable software
- Raise, investigate and document problems and known errors
- Implementing and enhancing testing tools, processes and platforms with reusability and maintainability in mind
- Reviewing and contributing to technical documentation
- Communicating status information and issues to a variety of stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- Experience working with modern web testing frameworks including Cypress
- Hands-on experience with BDD
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards
- Familiarity testing and debugging web applications on mobile
- Experience with React, and understanding of modern HTML / CSS
- Understanding of version control systems including Git
- Understanding of REST, GraphQL, asynchronous messaging and data formats such as JSON
- Experience with scalable cloud applications, distributed architecture and approaches for testing these
- Experience with range of accessibility testing tools
- Experience of API testing and tools
- Experience of security testing and tools
- Experience of load testing and tools
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Familiarity with NoSQL systems such as MongoDB
- Appreciation of DevOps principles
If you’re interested in this role, please email email@example.com with your CV.