As a Product Designer, you are at the core of creating our learning platform, you will help craft the learning experiences that help companies organise and share their knowledge. Our platform is used by some of the biggest names in the UK such as Sky, Vitality, Decium and Nando's.
At heart you are a true creative, you love your craft and are a connoisseur of good design. You have a curious mind and love to ask why.
At THRIVE we have 4 key disciplines in the product department: Product Management & Strategy, User Research, Design and Analytics. As a Product Designer, you'll be working primarily in the design discipline but you'll have the opportunity to engage, grow and collaborate in activities in the other disciplines as well, we do this to give all our product people the opportunity gain a well-rounded knowledge of product and to grow your skills empower you (...but if you want to stick to only design that's fine too)
As a priority we're looking for someone with strong visual design skills, we all know there's a lot more to product design than UI but we also believe that talented creatives are hard to find and it's easier for someone to learn and grow in UX methodologies than to gain the years of experience it takes to have a keen eye for the good visual design.
What skills do you have?
- 2+ years experience as a designer
- We use Figma, if you're using something else at the moment, don't worry we'll help you make the switch
- A strong visual design portfolio, show us the projects you are proud of, only 1 or 2, quality over quantity (we love people who can tell a good story without writing an essay)
- You are organised and methodical, using UX methods and practices to work through your projects
- Good communication skills and the ability to concisely articulate design decisions
- A keen ability to work through uncertainty, keeping track and managing the assumptions you make as a designer
- We don't expect you to be some kind of unicorn but naturally the more skills you bring to the table the more impressed we'll be, some designers like to dabble with coding, some with animation, others love to do research... tell us your story!
- Mapping User Needs (User Journey Mapping, User Stories, JTBD)
- Sketching / Wireframing
- High Fidelity Mockups (UI Design)
- Prototyping & User Testing
- Prepping for Handover (Finalising designs to be dev ready)
- Contributing and working from a design system
If you’re interested in this role, please email our Head of Product, Zandre Coetzer at firstname.lastname@example.org, please attach your portfolio/website and CV to your application email.